[BC] Tape deck issue

Glen Kippel glen.kippel
Mon Sep 18 19:38:46 CDT 2006

It would be best not to use rubbing alcohol, as it is usually 30% water.
There may also be some lanolin, which you don't want on your head.  Or the
cassette machine's head, either.  <g>  Denatured alcohol is probably the
best compromise between efficacy and cost.  Xylene (e.g. Goof-Off) works
very well but it eats holes in plastic, so you have to be very careful when
using it.