[BC] putting phone calls on the air

Tom Taggart tpt
Sun Sep 17 20:26:06 CDT 2006

We got rid of mama Bell and the phone cops.  Now we have Microsoft and Windows guaranteed advantage (for them!).

The more things change....

I remember that if you were in GTE territory they were lot friendlier, cooperative & didn't really care what you did. Unfortunately, the people were nice but a lot of the equipment was junk.

And John, I have one of those rotary dial phones with the 1/4 inch jack on the side, PTT swiltch & that white tab you pull up.
Was on the air Friday, in fact! We had two phone-in ball games, a rarity. Usually have one of the games close enough to use Marti.