[BC] putting phone calls on the air

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Sun Sep 17 17:28:56 CDT 2006

In a message dated 9/17/2006 12:11:44 P.M. Central Standard Time,
richwood at pobox.com writes:

It's  interesting to note that his "Hush-A-Phone" caused problems with
Ma Bell.  Both it and the Carterphone used acoustic couplers, not
direct  connections. Ma Bell still complained. Carter won the case for
acoustic  couplers in 1956. In 1976 companies could register equipment
that no  longer required renting a coupler.

Rich

Also very interesting that Elgin and several other companies that built the
equipment for the telephone companies were allowed to sell the "Recorder
Connectors" , Recorder Couplers" and the "30A Voice Couplers" direct to
broadcasters.  I bought 15 of the Elgin Recorder Couplers for our news,  contests and
request lines.

Dave