[BC] Clear Channel planning to sell off

Ron Cole rondcole
Fri Sep 15 14:10:26 CDT 2006

CC shedding stations makes sense.   Its all abount profitiability.
They have too many that are not making any money.  They have to trim the fat
and the little stations are just weighing them down.
They had to take little AMs to get FMs that they wanted.
It it were me I would
* Get out of unrated markets, they never generate much cash.
* Sell any AM that was not Cash Positive or a 50Kw signal then try and make
the 50kw Cash Positive, after a few years I would dump them too if they are
not cash positive.
* Dump FMs that are not Cash Positive and do not have potential for a move
to make it profitable.

You learn that no matter how much you love radio its still a business.
It only took me 2 years and all of my own money to learn that lesson.

Ron