[BC] FCC & 9/11

Glen Kippel glen.kippel
Mon Sep 11 13:19:43 CDT 2006

On 9/11/06, mrfixit at min.midco.net <mrfixit at min.midco.net> wrote:

> Any of you here have any experience with your local TV station dropping
> (or
> running much later) the 9/11 special last night? Any comments subsequently
> sent
> to station or to the FCC regarding this? Any replies (yet)? Comments,
> opinions?

Our local CBS station delayed it until midnight.  I fell asleep after about
40 minutes, but the rest ought to be on the tape.  (I turned on the VCR just
in case.)  I didn't see or hear anything particularly objectionable, but I
guess the more intense parts came later.  How log was it supposed to run?
If two hours, they could have started it at 2100 and put that part past the
kiddies' bedtime.