[BC] FCC & 9/11

mrfixit@min.midco.net mrfixit
Mon Sep 11 07:23:09 CDT 2006

Any of you here have any experience with your local TV station dropping (or
running much later) the 9/11 special last night? Any comments subsequently sent
to station or to the FCC regarding this? Any replies (yet)? Comments, opinions?

And yes, I did. To the local station and to the FCC. My opinion is that the FCC
has overstepped it's responsibility and authority, and is edging ever so
slightly closer to government censorship. Censorship of what enters my house is
my responsibility, not anyone else's.

I don't have any small children living at home, but in my opinion, the visuals
and description of people jumping out of the windows and bodies hitting the
ground exceeds the criteria of what is "bad" far more so than the occasional
(VERY occasional as far as I could tell) emotional expression of "dismay" in
the conversations.

For this reason, I would have not allowed any young children in my house to see
this production, not the language specifically.

Dave Dunsmoor