[BC] LPFM s

Barry Mishkind barry
Sun Sep 10 17:43:07 CDT 2006

At 03:31 PM 9/10/2006, Robert Meuser wrote
>There are many better ways to inform the public. It seems to work
>well in most of the rest of the world.

         Only for "national" programs and in a few major cities.

>  Legal IDs are just plain stupid in this day and age.

         Wrong.  There are many times I wish I knew
         the station/location of something that was on.
         For one thing, if you are on a highway, it gives
         you a clue as to whether you are going to
         lose the signal, or keep it for a while.

         For another, the location is helpful in the
         case of emergency messages ... or in
         terms of knowing where the "big sale" is...

         Of course, one could be narrow, parochial,
         and cynical and assume everyone else has
         RDBS, a computer with GPS assisted mapping,
         and a know-it-all in the back seat telling them
         where they are.