[BC] Utah TV

Barry Mishkind barry
Sat Sep 9 14:56:43 CDT 2006

At 11:13 AM 9/9/2006, Dan Kelley wrote
>I would think that even including translators & LPTV that number
>would be high.

         You might be surprised. Utah was one of the
         earliest locations for massive translator networks
         to reach all the small towns. I went to a meeting
         in SLC, in the 1986/7 era, for a National Translator
         Association, or some such.  In addition to meeting
         Mr. Truro, I learn a lot about the number of
         translators feeding off from Utah stations.

         Even though satellite and cable have come since
         then, I'm sure a lot of translators and LPTV still
         exist in the west.  Most have no money-making
         desire.