[BC] LPFM's

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Fri Sep 8 12:21:30 CDT 2006

On 8 Sep 2006 at 9:52, Bruce Potterton wrote:

> I beg to differ if the Ix is from a translator and you can prove that
> you had a listenable signal before, they will.  If the Xlator is already
> on the air, you have to give the xlator licensee a chance to fix the Ix.
> If they can't fix it they have to shut down.

Bruce,

While that is true in the case of a lesser service, e.g. translator
giving IX to full service or LPFM, it is not true of IX from a
superior service to lesser service, e.g., Class B IBOC to Class A
unprotected contour. Mike is correct in that regard. See below.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037