[BC] LPFM s

Robert Meuser Robertm
Fri Sep 8 11:53:07 CDT 2006

I think you miss the point. A legal ID is for the FCC and other
authorities to ID a station. THEY can use RDS. A station identifies
itself to the audience in various ways. It is a North American oddity
that this can involve call letters.  The existing legal ID rule is a
stupid solution that is technologically way out of date.