[BC] Translator "interference"

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Fri Sep 8 10:36:06 CDT 2006

In a message dated 09/08/2006 07:13:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
curt at spam-o-matic.net writes:

 >  It won't make you any friends.
 >   If it looked like an organized conspiracy, I'd generally win, and you'd
 > lose.
 >
 >   A legit complaint is one thing, a campaign against the translator is
 > another.
 >   That, and you MUST give the translator a chance to resolve the problem.

I think that the point here is the egregious abuse that's going on... they
already have an ~20 watt x-lator in this city, and now they propose one just
over the town line, about a mile away, running 100 watts? (Both their main &
full-power repeater stations are full quieting on a portable.) How
can I encourage
others to file complaints, and *not* make it look like some kind of
"conspiracy"? Because it will be on the 1'st adjacent of the desired
station, there is
little doubt that it is going to cause significant interference to them in
this area.

Based on what you're saying, even though we're *just* outside the station's
"protected contour", there *is* a chance we could get something done once they
light this thing up?

Willie...