[BC] LPFM's

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Thu Sep 7 23:38:48 CDT 2006

In a message dated 09/07/2006 8:58:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
curt at spam-o-matic.net writes:

>  Then, complain to them that matter !

I intend to... if they ever light that thing up. I'm sure I could get a
number of others who live nearby to do likewise.

>   There's no requirement that a listener complaint come from within any
>   protected contour of the full service station that's lost !

That contradicts some information I was given earlier. Hmmmm... There is a
x-lator for a class D station that obliterates a Class A FM over several towns
away. That one's been jamming that station for *years*, though. Probably won't
be easy to eliminate.

>   The rule says that a translator may not interfere with any full service
> station.

That's what I thought... but was told that if you're outside the protected
contour, tough luck.

>   It makes no distinction about that station, provided the complaint is from
>   a listener and not someone affiliated with that station in any way.

I am not affiliated with them... but because I am a broadcaster, I wonder...?
Maybe best to get family & friends involved, no?

Willie...