Straming profitably - was [BC] LPFM Operations (FrankGott at aol.com)

r j carpenter rcarpen1
Thu Sep 7 22:38:25 CDT 2006

I understand that Bonneville / Washington was making money streaming
Federal News Radio. They have since bought daytimer 1050 Silver Spring
so FNR is over-the-air as well as streaming these days.  1050 is now
WFED. They had the big advantage that quite a bit of the content could
come from WTOP.  I've heard that the staff of WTOP/WFED/WTWP/WGMS (and
relays) numbers well over 100 including part-timers (some say over 200).
That sounds pretty impressive in today's radio business.