[BC] LPFM's

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Thu Sep 7 18:46:11 CDT 2006

In a message dated 9/6/2006 9:37:10 P.M. Central Standard Time,
dpuopolo at usa.net writes:

I'm  considering filing a petition for rulemaking that would eliminate
the legal  requirement for simulcast "networks" to identify their
stations aurally, as  long the the individual callsign of each station
is transmitted at least  once per minute via RDS or another approved
digital broadcast protocol  (including the iBiquity system).   If
anyone has thoughts on  this, please email me off list.

Mark

This sounds like a great idea to me.  We are one of the few countries  that
push the official ID.  Most stations around the world on do an ID or  call sign
at sign on and sign off.  Most of the stations in places in  Europe I have
visited is their network ID or format ID abd don't mention city  but in passing
conversation.

It seems to me if you had the stations ID, frequency, COL, Corporate
entitity, 24 hour local telephone number and FCC Files number in the  RDS or the IBOC
equivalent it should more than suffice.  In fact it  could be hidden from the
general publics view easily in RDS.

Dave Hultsman