[BC] CD Player

Bill Croghan loteng
Thu Sep 7 12:18:38 CDT 2006

Scott,
	We are using the relatively low cost Gemini machines with digital
outs, and while most of our stuff comes off Hard Drive, the CD players  get
a good work out.  Of the 8 lowest cost Gemini's I put in 5 years ago when we
built our new building, 6 are still in Daily service in our control rooms.
For under $150 I can afford to keep a spare. The lowest cost Denon is more
than twice that. They have not been a problem, except for the very earliest
ones needing dial lights replaced.  The later ones don't have that problem.
We also have some Denon, Tascam, and other boxes in our prod rooms, but our
guys like the Gemini stuff just fine.
Bill

Bill Croghan CPBE WB?KSW
Chief Engineer,