[BC] LPFM Operations

Glen Kippel glen.kippel
Wed Sep 6 19:05:23 CDT 2006

On 9/6/06, Dan Kelley <djkelley at frontier.net> wrote:

I do hear what you're saying.  So you get a split of proceeds.  Reminds me
of many PI deals I've been involved in over the years, where the station
would get a "commission" off the sales.  But all the ads were logged as
"commercials".

I don't mean any offense.  But if you've never heard of a non-comm
"brokering" programming, then I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

--------------

Since there is no contractual agreement for "share accounts" which with I
have had any experience (again, over 30 years of that), and there is no
agreement on the part of the station that said contributions are a
requirement for carriage of the program, they are simply voluntary
contributions.  PI is different, as there is a binding agreement as to
carriage and the amount returned to the station.

And, to repeat myself, in my vast experience (although some of you will
allow me only 50% of that -- you do the math <g>) I have not run across
anyone so scuz-bag and low-life as to sell air time on a non-commercial
station.  I didn't say that nobody has ever tried it.

How much for the bridge?  <|:^)...

GK