[BC] LPFM Operations

Dan Kelley djkelley
Wed Sep 6 09:54:31 CDT 2006

My own gut tells me that something does smell when it comes
to non-comms "selling" blocks of time for paid religious
programming (be it written up as a "donation" or otherwise).

Making a donation or getting billed is the same thing, if
it's a condition of getting a show on the air.

I've been wondering about this scenario for years when I've
listened to non-comm religious FMs run the same programs
that I've heard on the commercial time-brokered stations.

In theory, its possible to make a lot of money with a non-comm
FM "brokering" out programming...no, I mean, accepting
donations in exchange for running a program....

I could be wrong.

dan in lansing