[BC] Simple Codec- Windows Media

Mark Earle mearle
Tue Sep 5 19:07:59 CDT 2006

I am on a quest for a simple streaming codec/ software.

1. Needs to run under Windows 2000, on a PC connected to internet via DSL.
2. Relatively low sample rate is OK (8-12k mono is fine, for instance)
3. Only ONE person needs to connect.
4. That person is running Windows and would prefer/ almost must use
Windows Media Player.

This is sort of a listen line except over the internet. The plan is to
put the desired program source in to the sound card on the Windows 2000
PC. Whenever the person connects, they get the audio. I can open ports
as needed at the encode end.

Shoutcast, and Windows Media encoder, both have issues that prevent
their use in my situation.

Thanks in advance.

--
mwe

      ) )
     ( (
      ) )    You will be assimilated... oooh, coffee!!
   _|****|
  ( |    |   KLTG KOUL KLHB KMJR
   `|____|   mearle at mearle.com