[BC] FIRST LPFM BITES THE BUST

Rich Wood richwood
Tue Sep 5 07:56:03 CDT 2006

------ At 12:23 AM 9/5/2006, W4DTWR wrote: -------

>i take it you are talking about me.  when you make the money i have
>in broadcasting you can spur your venum. until them go read the
>voltage on your final again.

It's interesting to boast about how much money you've made as a
reason not to be venomous, then spew venom at Kent. Your refusal to
answer our questions about the demise of an LPFM tells me those
involved have simply lost interest or the school has decided it
doesn't need to run a radio station. You know as well as the rest of
us  IBUZ isn't mandatory and, unless you're experiencing
interference, will have absolutely no impact on any non-commercial
station in any market. I believe it would have been much more
professionally courteous to simply tell us why it's going belly-up,
since you brought up the issue..

Analog radio will be with us for, at least, all our lifetimes. I'm
certainly not an IBUZ cheerleader, but this is one you can't blame on
it. Most of us have little faith in the FCC. However, even they
wouldn't be stupid enough to shut analog down before all analog
receivers have been replaced. Since the required receivers haven't
even been designed, yet, that day is nowhere near.

There's been no run on Red Flyer wagons, Radio Shack FM antennas or
Diehard batteries to power the current generation of receivers and
give them the ears to hear while unplugged from Gargantua Edison International.

I cast my vote for no interested volunteers and a lack of interest on
the part of the school's administration.

Might I suggest, also, that you join Bill Gates and Warren Buffett
and contribute some of your vast wealth to bettering the lives of
your fellow man. I'm from New England where it's considered tacky to
boast about your wealth. I checked my copy of Forbes and you weren't
on the list.

Rich