[BC] Re: PD's are timid

Donna Halper dlh
Mon Sep 4 11:15:53 CDT 2006

At 07:28 AM 9/4/2006, Cowboy wrote:

>  It most certainly can, if it will !
>  Just like WMMS became one of the top rated most listened to
>  stations in the country ! ( 14 share 12+ )
>  The parent company, Metromedia at that time, made the money which
>  footed the bill for the creativity that made The Buzzard what it became.

I worked there under the Malrite ownership-- Metromedia was really
before the Buzzard took off.  I can tell you that none of us made the
big bucks-- I was paid substantially less than the men (another story
for another time), but even the men were not rolling in dough.  We
got tons of perks from the record companies and met many many
celebrities, but basically, it was the staff-- led by the committed
Ops Mgr John Chaffee, PD John Gorman, and a hard working airstaff
with lots of good ideas-- who made the station happen.  We made the
money for Malrite, it seems to me...