[BC] The future of broadcasting...

Steve Newman shnewman
Sat Sep 2 23:03:10 CDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: <nakayle at gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: [BC] The future of broadcasting...

I once experimented with a format when I was in Detroit back in the late
60's. I called it the Rock Museum. It was simply 2 old to 1 new song. Top-40
station. People loved it. Tested the format overnight and the phones rang
off the hook. It's what I'm hearing many of the AC stations doing. I think a
hybrid would do the trick. Have to agree with you Nat. The problem is that
was then and this is now PLUS P.D.'s crunching down the playlist and not
resting certain songs for awhile or flushing the rotations, if you will.
It's a bit of both. Basically we need to do what was done in the Drake era
of Top-40 and, as I said above, what is being done with certain AC stations.

Steve