[BC] The future of broadcasting...

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Sat Sep 2 14:42:58 CDT 2006

On 9/2/06, WFIFeng at aol.com <WFIFeng at aol.com> wrote:

> IMHO, as long as Terrestrial Radio is still *free* to the listeners, people
> are going to be listening.
> Perhaps in smaller numbers, but not *all* Terrestrial Radio will go away.

Here are detailed breakdowns that show what has happened to "free"
radio listening habits over the past 8 years.  (Without the help of
the new services Dana mentioned.)

http://wargod.arbitron.com/scripts/ndb/ndbradio2.asp

Note that overall weekly TSL has dropped by 2:15 since fall 1998.

You can also observe format trends by clicking the link in the upper
left corner.  I'm still amazed that it took less than 25 years for
Easy Listening to drop from FM's top format to under 0.1 % share of
12+ listeners.

Mark