[BC] Can't solve it if you don't know about it

Jeff Johnson jjohnson
Mon Jul 31 12:48:37 CDT 2006

At X-Star we had 'discrep' forms which were used on occasion. We were small
enough, and with three full-time engineers, that a mention in the
engineering office got immediate response. Our satellite stations would
call (staff or VRC2000) or eMail trouble.

I kept repair documents for each piece of studio equipment - DATs, CDs,
MDs, etc. Each piece had its serial number final three digits on the front
panel so I could pull the service history before pulling the gear. Also,
one or two serviced spares were always on the shelf. If something went bad
at one of the satellites, a replacement went out FedEx the same day. We
kept' em talking!

We used to say, "The only thing that will anger the engineers is not
telling them of trouble!"

Jeff.Johnson at goodnews.net,CSRE
RFPROOF.COM