Passwords --was-- Re: [BC] Can't solve it if you don't know about it

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Mon Jul 31 08:51:08 CDT 2006

In a message dated 07/31/2006 09:22:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
curt at spam-o-matic.net writes:

>  Simple, yet really secure, passwords are possible, but they are not
>   random character generators !

One other good source for unguessable passwords would be children's
nicknames, the more obscure the spelling, the better. In my family, we often played a
game inventing strange words. Some of those words actually remained to this
day. When we're just family, together, we laughingly refer to objects and
each-other by those names. Some of them are real hum-dingers! (One is so long, it
exceeds the space many password systems will accept.) My wife's family is also a
great source of interesting "pseudo-words". ;)

Of course, in the case of stations, it could be nicknames for various
co-workers, pieces of equipment, places, certain "groupie" listeners, etc. If it's
funny, it may be more memorable, but still unguessable to outsiders.

Willie...