[BC] Can't solve it if you don't know about it

Rockwell Smith rockwell
Sun Jul 30 19:33:34 CDT 2006

Actually, here's what works best where I am.......

For those with e-mail, an e-mailed description of the problem.  This starts
a "paper trail" that can be followed up on, replied to, forwarded if needed,
etc.  It also creates a traceable date that it was reported.

For those w/out e-mail, but still on-premises, a note on my office door.

For the remote-techs, that don't always have access to e-mail, and may not
be in the building either, a voice-mail on my phone (" the tuner in the K###
remote PA  has an intermittent left channel..").

All of the above are for the non-catastrophe issues that can wait 12 or 24
hours (longer if a weekend).  The true emergencies still go to the cell
phone 24/7 as needed.  Fortunately, with good maintenance and back-up gear
those calls are now really few and far between ( Thankfully !).

All employees, full or part time, have company e-mail, but....  many cannot
access it because they seem to get locked out of their accounts because they
forget their passwords.  So... back to the note on the door.  We've tried
more detailed equipment reports but the bottom line is what I've outlined
works, and it gets the job done in most cases.  To fill out a report, or a
tag, you first have to find the paper to fill out.  Seems to always not be
available........

-- Rockwell