[BC] BMWs

Cowboy curt
Sat Jul 29 17:23:36 CDT 2006

On Saturday 29 July 2006 03:50 pm, Bernie Courtney wrote:
>   The
> next 'toy' will with be the M3 or a boat.

 I'd vote for the boat !
 ( someday, I'll finish that supercharger on the 15 foot Sprite )

> But you are right, if I get the M, it would be convenient to bring in for
> service though :-) ...which reminds me, I need to call my dealer, "service
> engine soon" decided to illuminate on the drive in this morning.

 Most of 'em, kinda like the "blend to mono" will extinguish and go back
 to normal when the problem disappears, or corrects itself.

 Were it me, I'd see if it stays on tomorrow, and if it does, pull the battery
 for a minute or two, then reconnect and try again.
 If it still comes on, it's real and something has failed. ( most likely,
 an electrical slip connection to one of the oxygen sensors )

--
Cowboy