[BC] It wasn't the President this time.

Rich Wood richwood
Fri Jul 28 16:12:03 CDT 2006

------ At 04:46 PM 7/28/2006, Brian Urban wrote: -------

>Yeah, this one always irks me.  Why were the people who monitored and
>ILLEGALLY DISCLOSED the contents of the conversation not prosecuted?
>Instead, Congress passed a law outlawing scanners that tune the cellular
>bands.  It seems counterintuitive to me to make everyone pay for one
>person's ILLEGAL conduct.  But then I'm not a member of Congress for which
>the main qualifications seem to be a lack of common sense and no backbone to
>stand up for what is right.

The law was passed before the couple intercepted the Gingrich call.
Nearly everyone was breaking some law. The law forbade any monitoring
of cellular calls. Gingrich was talking to people about something he
wasn't supposed to be discussing. It had to do with election law.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-454-3258