[BC] It wasn't the President this time.

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo
Fri Jul 28 15:32:39 CDT 2006

It was included for that reason.

The ECPA was/is a joke of a law..a law passed so when someone walked into a
(then) Cellular One store and asked "Are my calls private", the salesperson
cound say with a straight face: "OF COURSE! There's a federal law making SURE
that no one will be listening to them!'.
Of course, by then there were about two million scanners that could listen out
there...

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: Alan Alsobrook <radiotech at bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [BC] It wasn't the President this time.

Not to mention that Broadcast RPU was included as illegal in the ECPA of
1986. I guess that was added to get broadcast support when they were
trying to push it through

Sid Schweiger wrote:

>>>if it can be picked up on a scanner, in the clear, etc.. it IS a public
transmission<<

> It may be audible to the public, but unless the law has changed,
non-broadcast transmissions may not be disclosed to third parties without the
consent of the parties to the original transmission.

--
Alan Alsobrook CSRE AMD CBNT
St. Augustine Fl. 32086 904-829-8885

Do you have a BDR? http://www.oldradio.com/bdr.htm