[BC] Making engineering pay

Bill Croghan loteng
Tue Jul 25 11:58:29 CDT 2006

Rachel said;

> I have been reading this thread as I ponder the 2nd half century of my
> life.  I know that I am now too old to be hired by most commercial
> (and  maybe non-commercial) broadcasters.

	Don't believe it for a second.  I'm 62 and started this job 8 years
ago.  It's probably the best job with one the best companies I've had in
over 40 years in the business.  Some of my previous jobs lasted 15 years,
and I only left because of ownership changes or excellent offers.  Some
companies appreciate an experienced person with a good reputation, top
references and a stable job history.
	Go for it and don't get discouraged.  Those who'd discriminate on
the basis of age without evaluating the other aspects of an employee are
probably not worth working for.
Bill

Bill Croghan CPBE WB?KSW
Chief Engineer,