[BC] Another Technical Question

Radiofldude@aol.com Radiofldude
Mon Jul 24 19:05:46 CDT 2006

I've been chatting with a friend who's a weekend presenter at one of the
major English speaking Commercial stations in the Canary Islands.
(Incidentally, the station is networked and covers all 7 islands)

Anyways, He and I were talking about radio and i told him about the
difference between AM and FM in relation to the power output in relation to  coverage
on AM/FM, the type of antennas and etc.

We also discussed how lower end AM channels require less power, but more
tower. he was quite intrigued by all this.....

Are there a few good sites I can point him out to that explain it in a
manner someone whos not an engineering type can understand  it?

Thanks!