[BC] Making engineering pay

Kent Winrich kwinrich
Mon Jul 24 11:04:38 CDT 2006

Boy Mike!  Did you NAIL IT!!!

I am sorry but my time IS worth something.  And if someone does not
want to pay my rate, then:

A) I didnt relay my value
B) They will never see the value

In the past I would have under cut myself on pricing, because I didnt
see the value of my time.  BOY!  Did I make a mistake in that!!

I explain to a client that you may pay more for me now, but the job
will be done RIGHT.  Some went away only to come back to me when the
value part finally hit them (they went to someone else but the job
never got done right, and ended up paying more and more to fix
something that should have been done right the first time!).  They
realize that the value I give them is worth it in the long
run.  Guess it takes some people a little longer to get that concept.

Nice post Mike!!