[BC] 30/30 Lightning safety rule.

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Sat Jul 22 19:15:43 CDT 2006

In a message dated 7/22/2006 7:06:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
Towers at mre.com writes:

As one  who has been on a tower as a fast approaching storm struck, I
realize it  hard to visually watch the skies and react accordingly when the
storm  sneaks up on the site.  Hence the need to monitor the WX if there is
a risk for storm activity.

MM

I had a crew experiencing the static buildup on the grounded tower as they
were climbing down.  One of them kept climbing the other hooked and  grounded
himself to the tower and climbed down after the rain  started.  Both regretted
their experience but were not injured.

Dave