[BC] Terrestrial Radio fights back

Steve Newman shnewman
Sat Jul 22 07:56:23 CDT 2006

Sid..

Am I surprised? Not at all. I was waiting for this. I don't buy the "We
can't sell it" line. Now they really can't sell it. I'm off to Florida
tomorrow to implement a memories format. I don't use the word "oldies".
There's a reason for that but I won't go into it now. People want "their"
music but they it on "their" terms and yes, you can sell it when presented
correctly. Our test Internet streams have been showing an increase in
listeners and I haven't even put the format in place. (just the library
running randomly). The custom sing "era produced" jingles will be arriving
Monday from Dallas and I'll start integrating the clocks, jingles and liners
at that time.

Back to CBS. I hope they enjoy crow as a main course. (I worked for the
radio division back in the 70's. As I told Willie, the experts in
programming are gone, have migrated to satellite or are typing messages in a
group such as this. Glad you're a part of it.

Have a nice weekend.

Steve Newman
Steve Walker Productions
Opp, AL  36467

PS: BTW, was that sales figure you reported the last one for the "Oldies"
format?