[BC] X-lators for Daytimers (WAS:NAB Newsletter)

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Thu Jul 20 21:46:56 CDT 2006

On 7/19/06, Bailey, Scott <SBailey at nespower.com> wrote:
> Willie,
>   What bugs the crap out of me is WCRT-AM (1160) in Nashville is 1 KW at
> night, 2 tower directional, and I'm 30 miles outside downtown Nashville,
> and I can here them at night, but THEY have a FM translator.

I've always wondered what kind of political connections the former
owner of that station had, in order to "deserve" a waiver for the FM
translator.

IIRC, the 1160 callsign was WAMB when the translator began operation
back in the '80s (while Reagan was in office) -- so was the owner at
that time a major Republican campaign donor, or what?

Mark