[BC] Scope for Mod Monitor...

Bill Croghan loteng
Wed Jul 19 13:47:31 CDT 2006

	The day I met Dane Erickson 25+ years ago, he was still working for
the FCC and started out handing me a polaroid of an oscilloscope showing my
station over modulating.  Heck of a note to end my first week there.  He
showed me how they modulated an FM generator, watching for the nulls on a
spectrum analyzer that showed the proper modulation index for the defined
100% modulation and observing the demodulated signal on an o-scpe.  They
then calibrated the vertical on the O-scope to that point, and started
watching the stations modulation.  The over modulation was obvious.  I
learned a lot that day!  I still use that system to check my own modulation
monitors.

Bill

Bill Croghan CPBE WB?KSW
Chief Engineer,