[BC] LPAM (was Smallest AM Radiator/TIS)

Bailey, Scott SBailey
Wed Jul 19 12:00:32 CDT 2006

They call you and put on a big spill to get your money.  We have been
paying them $45.00 a month for nothing. They have not done a damn thing
for me! I get more action from the Tennessee Association of Broadcasters
(TAB) than I do the NAB! My investment in TAB has been worth it!
I see where they are lobbing the FCC for FM Translators for AM's that
run flea powers at night. That will never happen.  Too many religious
broadcasters like KLOVE will knock that down, plus I'm sure NPR will
have something to say about that as well.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Dana Puopolo
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 11:35 AM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: RE: [BC] LPAM (was Smallest AM Radiator/TIS)

In the seventies, a friend of mine was manager of a (then) class D FM at
college. They were an NAB member, proudly displaying their NAB
membership
sticker on the door to the station. One day..the NAB decided to support
ELIMINATING all class D FM stations!!
Needless to say, they got an earfull from him, and that ststion quite
the NAB
pronto.

The NAB is useless for the small station. They are simply a lobbying arm
for
the big boys...

-D