[BC] Now, stunned at Ibiquity

Robert Meuser Robertm
Wed Jul 19 11:51:29 CDT 2006

Tom,

You are correct. But then consider the evolution of IBOC technology.
First there were a handful of radio station engineers trying to develop
a digital system as competition to Eureka. That was about 15 years ago,
now. That became a somewhat struggling company then ultimately Ibiquity
which inherited a lot of prior thinking. It took so much effort just to
make it work, the bells and whistles were probably left for 'later'.
This is a good example design by committee, just like a camel.

I wish one of the major broadcasters with IBOC interests would just buy
out Ibiquity and go back and fix the problems.