[BC] Cleaning out the xmtr shack

Ron Youvan ka4inm
Tue Jul 18 20:35:33 CDT 2006

> I ran into 11 sets of "GLW Replacement Springs" Andrew part # 169709
> I have NO IDEA what these are or what they belong to around here.
> Someone somewhere may need em but I can't even figure out what they are!
> I posted some pictures at http://collins21e.com/whatsit
> Anyone knowing what these are I'd appreciate knowing.
> Methinks someone ordered the wrong somethings at one time and
 > thats why they are here perhaps instead of on the tower.

   They are "constant tension" (or torque) suspension springs as use
(in pairs) to support one section of transmission line in the vertical
and the horizontal runs.  Is or was there any Andrew circular wave guide
(for a UHF station) on that tower?  That would be my best guess.
Dielectric also used it for DTW wave guide.
--
    Ron  KA4INM