[BC] LPAM (was Smallest AM Radiator/TIS)

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Tue Jul 18 20:30:11 CDT 2006

On 16 Jul 2006 at 7:42, Richard Fry wrote:

> The applicable Part 15 AM rules are either 15.209, or 15.219. Rule 15.209
> does not define anything about tx power or antenna system gain/efficiency,
> only that the peak field strength in microvolts/meter when measured 30
> meters away from the antenna cannot exceed [24,000/Operating Freq in
> kilohertz].

I had to read that one myself. That's what it says but I'm still scratching
my head because it permits radiation inversely proportional to frequency
which is insanity. Operation on 600 kHz is permitted twice the FI as on
1200 kHz while, in fact, it should be the opposite to account for propagation
attenuation which is far greater at 1200 kHz than at 600 kHz. I notice they
correct their error at 490 kHz where suddenly the permitted FI drops from
48.9 uv/m at 490.5 kHz to 4.9 uv/m at 489.5 kHz. Something does not compute
in 15.209.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037