[BC] From NAB Newsletter

Rich Wood richwood
Tue Jul 18 09:49:07 CDT 2006

------ At 10:34 AM 7/18/2006, Robert Meuser wrote: -------

>I don't know who is quoting 5 years but Glynn Walden the father of
>IBOC can be quoted as saying "not in our lifetime".

I saw his quote. I've seen the five year fantasy predisction in
several forums. I can't imagine that anyone believes it can all
happen in that time frame. Mostly it comes from cheerleaders employed
by members of the HD Dominion. It seems to me that just fixing the AM
transmitter sites would take that long.

The NAB's prediction of digital income was absolutely astonishing.
History has shown big lies work best. The NAB appears not to be
communicating with advertising agencies. The industry's biggest media
buyer says it ain't gonna happen.

Rich