[BC] From NAB Newsletter

Jim Tonne tonne
Mon Jul 17 15:34:57 CDT 2006

I think the case as presented by Willie is right on!

I am glad to see the issue of battery life coming to the
surface more and more.  People are used to having a
set of batteries last a day or two or more and I am
under the impression that the processor to De-IBOC
the signal is a real power hog.  The quality degradation
on a portable probably won't be noticed.

On a plug-it-in-the-wall radio the battery life of course
is not an issue.  But those radios will probably make
the shortcoming of IBOC quality more apparent.

- Jim Tonne