[BC] Does your PD program your auomation system?

Mark Earle mearle
Sun Jul 16 17:09:32 CDT 2006

Not I. PD. Assisted when we changed satellite, mostly so I would know how
to do it.

At 05:34 PM 7/16/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>That's good to know but did you program the software in the system that
>makes it all work?  That's really what I'm interested in knowing.  Who is
>responsible for programming the guts so that the automation and all that
>works correctly?
>Later
>Mike
>
>Mark Earle wrote:
>>At 03:44 PM 7/16/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>>>If so I'd like to know about it.  No need for lots of details just
>>>station calls and the PD's responsibility.
>>>Thanks in advance
>>>Mike
>>PDs do the automation. They merge the log file, run a sanity check on the
>>combined music (in our case, Powergold) and traffic file, and print the
>>log(s) out.
>>On - air talent checks things off on the paper as they occur.
>>I only get a call if a reboot does not re-connect to the network drive,
>>or, if some other issue occurs. I also have gone up a few times, and done
>>what the PD suggested - somehow it got on the incorrect date, PD was
>>sick, so I went in to see what could be done. No biggee.
>>99% of the time it's the PD's responsibility; the Prod folks are
>>responsible for archiving things, and in general keeping it cleaned out.
>>I'm at 10% in use on the storage, so it's not critical.
>>I make sure the real-time backup is working and up to date, adn that the
>>server RAID is in order.
>>
>>mwe
>>       ) )
>>      ( (
>>       ) )
>>    _|****|   KLTG 96.5   KOUL 103.7  KLHB 98.3  KMJR 105.5
>>   ( |    |   *My email account, my PC, my ISP, my opinions*
>>    `|____|   mearle at mearle.com           wa2mct at mearle.com

>For sub changes, archives and info on this other lists:
>http://www.radiolists.net/

mwe

       ) )
      ( (     361 991-3850 Home EL17HQ
       ) )    361 438-0788 Work Cell EchoLink 99190
    _|****|   713 553-9729 Cell / VoiceMail
   ( |    |
    `|____|   mearle at mearle.com wa2mct at mearle.com