[BC] Does your PD program your auomation system?

Mark Earle mearle
Sun Jul 16 14:53:21 CDT 2006

At 03:44 PM 7/16/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>If so I'd like to know about it.  No need for lots of details just station
>calls and the PD's responsibility.
>Thanks in advance
>Mike

PDs do the automation. They merge the log file, run a sanity check on the
combined music (in our case, Powergold) and traffic file, and print the
log(s) out.

On - air talent checks things off on the paper as they occur.

I only get a call if a reboot does not re-connect to the network drive, or,
if some other issue occurs. I also have gone up a few times, and done what
the PD suggested - somehow it got on the incorrect date, PD was sick, so I
went in to see what could be done. No biggee.

99% of the time it's the PD's responsibility; the Prod folks are
responsible for archiving things, and in general keeping it cleaned out.

I'm at 10% in use on the storage, so it's not critical.

I make sure the real-time backup is working and up to date, adn that the
server RAID is in order.

mwe

       ) )
      ( (
       ) )
    _|****|   KLTG 96.5   KOUL 103.7  KLHB 98.3  KMJR 105.5
   ( |    |   *My email account, my PC, my ISP, my opinions*
    `|____|   mearle at mearle.com           wa2mct at mearle.com