RRe: [BC] FCC Deletes digital report from today s meeting

FrankGott@aol.com FrankGott
Sun Jul 16 00:42:10 CDT 2006

In a message dated 7/15/2006 7:59:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tpt at eurekanet.com writes:

<< One fall evening in the near future he reaches his suburban home with a
nice clear signal from 1010.

 KDKA finishes their IBOC installation that evening.  Our suburbanite gets up
the next morning (in the dark) for his commute, gets in his car and hears,
----- >>

The day could come next month.  Jason Togyer lurks on this list and posted an
interview with KD's chief Vic Pasquarelli on the PBRTV website.
<<www.pbrtv.com>>  KD is performing maintenance on its main stick for an IBOC upgrade and
to correct design flaws in the 1994 vintage tower.

They've transmitted on reduced power from their backup stick while the work
is being done.

In my humble opinion KD's upgrade will build awareness for the dominion.
Several FMs are now promoting their HD channel.  But no AMs in the market are
transmitting IBOC signals.  Once the self-proclaimed "blowtorch" turns it on it
will be top of mind for many listeners.

Target had Boston Acoustic radios.  HD radios are not to be found.

Frank Gottlieb