[BC] Emergency studio

Tom Bosscher tom
Sat Jul 15 13:39:22 CDT 2006

 >What about EAS? Well, if you're using your EMERGENCY studio its most
likely
 >going to be due to some sort of emergency, right?

    The answer is very easy. Log the EAS out of service. Not too long
ago, I had to reroute the audio for one station. The EAS box was
bypassed for three days (contract work, part time), and if the FCC came
in, there was a note on the operating log that the EAS was out of
service due to re-wiring. And a note when it was back in service. Me
thinks you can have up to 60 days without special blessings from the
FCC. Not a big deal to do and be legal.

    tom bosscher

p.s., put an old Optimod 8000 or 8100 at the tx site, with a compilation
music CD that the MD makes once a year. That way you can have something
on the air, whether a studio emergency or an STL failure.