[BC] Passing of Ron Estes

Don Worsham media
Sat Jul 15 11:49:51 CDT 2006

> Ron Estes passed away this morning at his home in Studio City after a
> long battle with cancer.
>
> Ron joined KTLA in 1991 at the beginning of Morning News. He was a
> talented and well respected mixer in the industry and brought us some of
> the first Stereo TV sound when he mixed NBC's "The Tonight Show". Ron
> was a true professional who loved his job and cared about being the
> best. Which he was.  He was a good man and always cheerful, even about
> his own illness.
> He is survived by his long time partner John.
>
> Rachel Ehrenberg
> KTLA-TV
> Hollywood, CA

Ron's decline caught me by surpise. With his sudden turn, this was a "must see
Ron" wseekend.  It was not that long ago that he was in great spirits, his cancer test
results at near normal and wanting to go back to work.
Ron was a giant in our industry.

Please let us know when and were his funeral will be held.
"Don Worsham" media at gte.net