[BC] LPAM (was Smallest AM Radiator/TIS)

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Sat Jul 15 08:20:12 CDT 2006

In a message dated 07/15/2006 8:24:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rcarpen at erols.com writes:

> Niether booster was a success. They never found a good phase
>  adjustment the would place the destructive interference in a location
>  were it didn't matter.   Among other problems.....   I imagine that
>  equipment reliability was also a problem way_back_then.

That makes sense... but in this scenario, we were talking about a group of
100mw "expensive toys", not full-power AM stations. Very different scale.

My comment about the creative engineering wasn't meant to imply that this was
a first time this kind of thing has been done... (I know full well it's an
"old" concept to sync AM transmitters). I just thought that it was a novel way
to adapt equipment that was intended for a very different purpose to solve a
real-world problem as inexpensively as possible: Feed audio & sync to a number
of low-power transmitters across a given area. That is the essence of "BTN" -
Bent Technology Network.

What is BTN? The page below explains it nicely. :)

http://www.mymorninglight.org/ham/BTN.htm

Willie...