RRe: [BC] FCC Deletes digital report from today s meeting

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Sat Jul 15 08:12:36 CDT 2006

In a message dated 07/15/2006 8:00:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tpt at eurekanet.com writes:

> And he was hearing that distinctive IBOC hiss behind 1020 from WBZ as soon
> as it got dark in the evening last fall--right up to six p.m. INSIDE THE
> METRO.

I've certainly heard it, myself, in the early evening hours. If all of the
NYC powerhouses are still running it this coming winter, we'll know more.

> So I have no doubt that the IBOC item was pulled at the last minute on
> request of Ibiquity, to allow them to con a few more dollars out of the
> clueless before the Emperor's last parade.

I have a very strong, sneaking suspicion that you're absolutely right. This
dog won't hunt, (nearly all the Engineers out here have been trying to tell
them this all along) and someone, somewhere, is probably starting to think it's
going to need to be euthanized, soon.

I think you're onto something- either they want to see if they can grab a
little more gold from the gullible bean-counters out there before they deep-six
the stinker, or this delay is to buy time for their lawyers figure out some way
to indemnify them against the possible lawsuits coming from the suits who
bought this rotten thing in the first place!

Nice, uh, "clothes", your highness. Time to close the curtain.

Willie...