[BC] FCC Deletes digital report from today s meeting

Robert Meuser Robertm
Fri Jul 14 10:31:51 CDT 2006

It is not whether people listen to skywave it is the fact skywave
exists. I for one do believe many people do listen when tuning around
the band while driving. It is not that they chose skywave it is just
they came across a strong signal with something they want to hear. FM
listening is just not suitable for long distance driving. It just does
not last long enough. The real value of satellite radio comes through in
that environment.

The problem with skywave and digital is what it does to protected ground
wave coverage. I have heard a local station ripped by screeching noise
during critical hours from a station a few hundred miles away. Whether
you are dealing with daytime stations or dealing with digital, you can
avoid the effect of skywave propagation.