[BC] Re: How did we miss this one

RokprtMike@aol.com RokprtMike
Fri Jul 14 08:44:22 CDT 2006

In a message dated 7/13/2006 10:12:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:

COMMISSION PROPOSES RULES FOR
NEW BROADCASTING SATELLITE SERVICE
Sooner or later, it will occur to all of the folks that think people have
bottomless pockets when it comes to disposable income that there is a limit. The
 question is, will this service
have to have terrestrial repeaters placed anywhere there are buildings the
way the current satellite vendors do? Try explaining that to someone that has
satellite. "It's a repeater, no it's from the satellite!"

If satellite was really satellite it would have been a failure in the major
cities from the start. Try getting a satellite uplink out of Manhattan  from
an SNV.

I recall having this conversation with one of he guys building Sirius when  I
was across the street at NBC. How will you customers be able to hear your
service if they can't see the spacecraft? The answer was we will buffer it. Wow
a three hour buffer!

The goal is to get everything that is free OTA, off-the-air, so that there
aren't any options BUT pay services.

Mike Hemeon - CPBE